Water is one of the most valuable resources on our planet. It is important for the environment but it is also relevant for economic issues and the survival of our society.
Three fourths of Planet Earth, or the “Blue Planet”, is covered in water. This abundance has the ability to change the geomorphological characteristics of the land and consequently shape our landscape. Unfortunately, in recent years we have been facing serious droughts. Lack of water will be a problem in the near future and it is crucial to make conscious and sustainable decisions. This is where hydroelectric power comes into play. It is not only significant for energy production, but for tourism and the environment as well.
Hydroelectric power was one of the first forms of renewable energy in Italy at the beginning of the twentieth century when there were large hydroelectric power plants. Over the last thirty years, small hydro has spread (small hydro has a generating capacity of less than 10 MW).
Soave Engineering prefers plants to be built near flowing rivers and streams so as not to alter the natural flow of the water. For this type of installation, it is essential to have a satisfactory waterfall, even a few meters over the minimum flow, to allow a constant flow throughout the year. With this information it’s possible to choose a suitable turbine to install.
Our company offers its expertise in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of hydropower plants so as to preserve the planet for future generations.
Small hydro has great investment potential as well as significant benefits for the watercourse itself. Through energy recovery, with small plants, it is possible to increase the production of electricity from renewable sources in our country.
SOAVE Engineering offers the following services in hydropower:
- Verification of the site’s feasibility (restrictions, connectibility to grid, inspection, etc.)
- Request to connect to Enel (and necessary documents)
- Final Design of Project
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment Report
- Compatibility Study Report
- Environmental Impact Assessment Report
- Environmental Incidence Assessment Report
- Noise Impact Assessment Report
- Support and preparation of paperwork for necessary approval from Cultural Heritage Authorities
- Preparation of Detailed Design for site preparation
- Paperwork preparation for Enel (Italian distributor of electricity and gas)
- Final Design
- Detailed Design
- As-built Enel
- Operation Regulations